You are viewing a membermojo help page.
Take a tour
to see what we do.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I start?
- See Welcome to membermojo!.
- Can I go live with the free 60 day trial?
- Yes. The trial is fully functional and you can make the system live for
members without an annual plan.
- Why do I have an Adult membership?
- This is just a default membership category to get you started.
You can add more categories or change the default Adult category from
- Is membermojo GDPR compliant?
Terms and Conditions and Security pages.
- How do I add a new administrator?
- An administrator is a member with their Site Role
field set to Admin.
If necessary add a new member record to the Member List page with
at least first name, last name and email fields.
Once saved change their Site Role field to Admin or Readonly admin. You
can do this from the Member List page (scroll right to see the column)
or from their member profile page.
- How can I receive the daily summary email?
- Each administrator or read only administrator can request their own
copy of the daily summary email from the Your Notifications page.
- How do I download/export the list of members?
- Members details can be download as a CSV file by clicking Download from
the Member List page.
- How do I find details for a member?
- See Quick member lookup
- What can a member see?
- A member can only see and change their own details.
See membermojo Roles.
- Can I add a field for administrator use only?
- Yes. Add the field on the Member Form page and select
Admin only under For lead members.
- How do I temporarily suspend reminder emails or members renewing and applying?
- Both settings can be found on the Make Live page and can be
enabled or disabled at anytime.
- Why have members with an expiry date in the past not expired?
- See Going Live.
- Why are there two 'Active Memberships' values on the Members Home page?
- If you have multi-member memberships, such as couples or families,
and there are linked members then two values will be shown.
The higher 'members' figure is the total number of lead and linked members.
The lower figure is a count of memberships, which will match the count
of lead members.
- How do I move an expired member back to the member list?
- Members are automatically moved to the Expired Member List
if they fail to renew by their expiry date.
An expired member can still renew without re-entering their details by
signing in and following the prompts, or an admin can renew on their
behalf from their profile page.
An admin can also move the member back to the member list by changing their
expiry date to a future date - though, unlike a renewal,
this will not create a payment record or send a welcome pack.
- Renewing members are seeing the error 'membership is not far enough in the future'
- When a new member applies or existing member renews we use the membership
settings to calculate the member's next expiry date.
In this case the membership is using an Until Date expiry type with a
date that needs adjusting for the next membership period.
See Setting up Memberships.
- Why am I being asked to verify my browser?
- See Browser Verification.
- How do members sign in?
- A member can sign in if enabled using an email address
that matches one or more member records.
Members sign in by entering their email address into the sign in page,
then clicking on a single use, time limited link in the email we send them.
Members that visit the site frequently can set a password from
Members will only be prompted for a password if they have previously used one.
- Can multiple members use the same email address?
- Yes. When a member signs in using an email common to multiple memberships
they can switch between them by clicking their name in the menu bar.
- Can a member belong to multiple organisations on membermojo?
- Yes. Member details are held separately for each organisation.
If a member uses the same email address for multiple organisations and they
sign in from your membermojo pages or by following a link from your
membermojo system email, they will see the details you hold for them.
Once signed in the member can switch between organisations by clicking their
name in the menu bar.
- A member is reporting they are not receiving emails
- See Email Delivery.
- How do I send an email to my members?
- See Member Groups & Mailing Lists.
- My group email to members has bounced with an error
- See Email failed to send on Send Group Email.
- How do I send group email without revealing my address?
- See Changing the from name and reply to address on Member Groups & Mailing Lists.
- How do I temporarily block a member from sending group email?
- See Send Group Email.
- How can a member unsubscribe or resubscribe to emails?
- See Unsubscribe from Email.
- How is activity log count for group emails calculated?
- See Counting the number of emails sent on Send Group Email.
- Will you automatically remind members with outstanding payments?
- No. We can't be certain why the member's payment is still pending so won't
remind them automatically. You can create a member group
to identify members with a payment pending for more than a number of days, then
use that to send a reminder.
- Why is the number of pending payments different to the number of pending members?
- A payment pends when a member selects an offline payment method
at checkout. A member's membership state will be Pending Payment
when they have paid with an offline method and their membership has lapsed
(passed the expiry date).