Leeds Print Workshop is the hub for printmaking in the centre of Leeds. The workshop is a co-operative, membership-based printmaking studio, open to all those with an interest in print. We are open most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, from 10am - 4:30pm.
We offer access to a wide range of printmaking facilities for members. Joining is simple - just click the 'Join/Renew' button, fill in your details and pay! We'll then contact you to arrange an induction in the workshop (you cannot use the workshop before you've had an induction).
To become a member you must be over 16 and have some previous experience in printmaking and the processes you intend to use in the workshop.
If you are intending to buy membership as a gift for someone, please email us first. Please take a look at the Membership Terms and Conditions when joining.
Here are just some of the benefits of becoming a member:
- Morning or afternoon print sessions (3 hours) at £12 per session or £20 for a full day
- Technician support always available
- Low cost inks and materials available to buy at the workshop
- The option to rent a planchest drawer to store your work and materials
- 10% discount on all of our courses for you and your friends and family
- Opportunity to take part in the annual 20:20 Print Exchange
- Access to East Street Arts' laser cutter facilities at Convention House
- Invitations to exhibition previews
- Become part of a friendly and supportive printmaking community
If you're new to printmaking, or just want a refresher before becoming a member, take a look at our course programme - you don't need to be a member to book on to these, but members can take advantage of a 10% discount!
As a not-for-profit co-operative our mission is to provide an affordable and accessible workshop space for printmakers.
You'll find us at:
Patrick Studios, St.Mary's Lane, Leeds LS9 7EH
We are acquiring new equipment all the time but currently the workshop has the following facilities:
- 1 screen printing vacuum table for up to A1 size screens
- 8 portable hinged clamp screen printing beds
- 1 large textile printing table (8ft x 8ft)
- 1 UV exposure unit with vacuum for up to A1 size screens
- 1 UV exposure unit without vacuum for up to A2 screens, or for cyanotype processes
- 1 large baking cabinet for drying coated screens
- 3 washout booths (one with a pressure washer for stripping screens)
- a range of textile and paper screens of various sizes
- a range of squeegees of different sizes
- 2 heat presses (printable area 50 x 40cm)
- 2 etching presses (bed size 54 x 90cm)
- 1 nipping press
- 1 relief press for up to A3 linocuts
- 1 Albion press for relief printing (bed size 45 x 30cm)
- 1 Line-O-Scribe Galley Proofing Press (bed size 50 x 35cm)
- 2 Adana Presses 8x5 for Letterpress
- 1 Adana Press 6x4 for Letterpress
- An assortment of lead and wood type plus accessories for Letterpress processes
- 1 hot plate for applying wax grounds
- Small & large trays for paper soaking
- Etching tools & accessories for zinc plates with copper sulphate
- Selection of large and small rubber inking rollers
- 1 large drying rack, 1 small drying rack plus 2 marble hanging racks
- 10 plan chests with drawers available for rent
- 1 Dahle guillotine (cutting area 100 x 70cm)