The Institute of Fire Safety Managers Membership
Grades of Membership
Membership of the IFSM is available in the following grades:
- Life Fellow
All applications have to be approved by the Membership Committee, Council or at an Annual General Meeting. The Institute will assess every applicant for his or her appropriate grade of membership based on a number of criteria but especially:
- Educational and academic qualifications relevant to the objectives of the Institute,
- Vocational qualifications, training and
Any member seeking transfer to a higher grade of membership should be able to prove and demonstrate academic qualifications, vocational training and experience appropriate for the grade of membership being applied for. A non-refundable administration fee of £45 should be included with the application for transfer. Membership upgrade application forms may be downloaded from our website library.
Notes & Downloads:
- For a more in depth explanation of these grades see our Rules and Regulations for entry to Grades of Membership
- Members are reminded to keep the Institute updated with any changes in contact details. Contact details can be changed on our online membership platform – for more info see our guidance documents here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv8SPqxOk7w
- Membership, risk assessor and course accreditation fees are due every 12 months and the reminders are sent out regularly via email in the run up to the renewal date. To avoid a clashes with the different types of fees our reminder letters & emails, are staggered accordingly.
If you have any specific questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.