Join Down's Syndrome Oxford
Down’s Syndrome Oxford is organised and funded by parents and supporters to provide information, help and activities for children with Down’s Syndrome and their families in the Oxfordshire area.
We are always looking to expand our contact lists and anyone is invited... membership is FREE.
Members of DSO are children and adults with Down’s Syndrome, their parents, carers and supporters of the charity plus many key professionals such as physiotherapists, pre-school teachers and councillors, teachers and teaching assistants, health visitors and other people working in the community with people with Down’s Syndrome.
As an organisation we offer:
- Practical assistance with educational and developmental issues via our weekly Early Development Groups for pre-school under 5’s.
- Lectures, seminars and workshops.
- Supportive network of people with a wealth of information and experience.
- Friendship via organized social events through our social clubs for preschoolers, primary aged children, 10+ children and 18+ adults.
- Whole group social activities such as a Christmas Party, Summer Party and annual trips to theme parks.
- Support and friendship for new parents through weekly Stay and Play sessions.
- Quarterly newsletters for all our members and supporters.
- Information and resource sharing via our website.
- Communication and discussion via Facebook, Twitter and other media