Joining the Society
Society membership is available to anyone with an interest in family history but is particularly relevant to those who have ancestors within the Chesterfield and surrounding area of Derbyshire.
- You can join our Society on-line or, if you prefer, you can join via post.
- If you are local to Chesterfield, you are very welcome to attend our monthly meetings/annual fairs and join on the day. However, you do not have to attend our monthly meetings to become a member. We have many long distance members.
- Our membership year runs from 1st January to 31st December and is renewable annually.
For members renewing their membership please *sign in* using the link in the upper right corner of this page and use the email address that is associated with your membership to login to *Your Membership* page. Or click on the orange button to the right and follow the instructions.
If you're not sure which email address you used please contact our Membership Secretary using the contact options to the right.
Click 'Download a membership form above if you would prefer to print out a membership form and post it to our Treasurer.
- Member magazine that contains news items and articles of interest to family historians.
- Twelve regular meetings each year with presentations to help learn about or carry out your family history research. Reduced entry for members. However, you do not need to attend meetings to join the Society we have many long distance members.
- Access to 'Resource Rich' Members Only Area on our website which can be found here: www.cadfhs.org
- Publication of your surname interests searchable on our website in the Member Only Area - Surname Interests page.
- Weekly informal Chat Group via Zoom where you can meet up with other members, bring your queries, brick walls and success stories.
- Opportunity to get involved in Society activities, to share and learn.
- Opportunity to meet other local members with the same research interests.
- Opportunity to gain from the research of others and also share information on one's own research.
- Opportunity to gain new friends and have great fun!
Our membership administration has been made possible by the use of MemberMojo's wonderful program. This has simplified our new memberships and renewals process and it will give us the opportunity to use our time and resources on other areas of the Society.
We highly recommend this system to all Family History Societies and encourage you to take advantage of their 60-day trial by visiting their website at: