The British Council for Chinese Martial Arts (BCCMA) would like to extend a warm welcome to all Clubs, Associations of Clubs, or Federations of Associations of Clubs, practising Chinese martial arts in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
We would also like to extend an invitation to you to join the ‘family’ of organisations already represented and and become a full member of your sports, National Governing Body (NGB).
BCCMA Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and Training
The BCCMA is committed to Safeguarding Children in Martial Arts (SCiMA) and implements child protection policy, develops safer recruitment practice and enhances coaching standards with a view to professionalising martial arts instruction, in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
• SCiMA child protection and safeguarding policy guidance and advice
• SCiMA online child protection, safeguarding and safer recruitment practice training
• SCiMA annual seminar on child protection, safeguarding and safer recruitment practice.
BCCMA Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
The BCCMA operate a DBS service for Chinese martial arts coaches in association with SCiMA. There is a modest adminitration fee applied to the DBS process. The BCCMA DBS process includes:
• Appropriate DBS checks for Chinese martial arts coaches (the cost is Volunteer or Employee status dependent)
• Identity validation for Chinese martial arts coaches.
For information about the BCCMA's approach to child protection and safeguarding:
For information about the BCCMA's child protection and safeguaring policy:
For information about the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS):
For information about Safeguarding Children in Martial Arts (SCiMA) online learning: